- How does the Galvanic Spa System II work?
- What is the difference between the Galvanic Spa Pre-Treat Facial Gel and the Treatment Facial Gel?
- What is the usage order for someone using the Galvanic Spa, Nu Skin 180 System and treatment products?
- Can I use half a vial of Galvanic Pre-Treat or Treatment Facial Gel for half face demonstrations and save the rest for another day?
- How is the Galvanic Spa System different from competitors?
- Can I use the Galvanic Spa with other Nu Skin products?
- Do all Nu Skin products have a charge?
- What metal is used in the Nu Skin Galvanic Spa?
- Why is there a warning saying, “Check with your physician before using the Galvanic Spa System II if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker, are epileptic, wear metal braces on your teeth, or have a metal implant”?
- What are the benefits of the Galvanic Spa System?
- How do I change the Conductor attachments?
- What are the differences between all four Galvanic Spa treatments?
- How soon can I expect to see a difference in my skin using the Galvanic Spa System?
- While using the Galvanic Spa System, can I also use other Nu Skin products?
- How often should I do Galvanic Spa facial treatments?
- When using the Galvanic Spa System what is the best technique?
- I don’t feel anything when I use the Galvanic Spa. Am I doing something wrong?
- What’s the difference between the one, two or three beeps as the Instrument automatically adjusts to your skin?
- Trouble shooting tips if you think your Galvanic Spa is not working properly:
What does Dermatic Effects do?
- Is it safe to use Galvanic if I have received Botox injections, collagen injections, silicon injections, or other similar treatments?
- Does a Galvanic treatment help heal or reduce bruising?
How does the Galvanic Spa System II work?
The Galvanic Spa facial treatment works in two steps: 1- Pre-Treat Facial Gel and 2- Treatment Facial Gel with ageLOC. During the first step, both the Pre-Treat Gel and the Galvanic Instrument are negatively charged. Since like charges repel each other, the negative charge of the Galvanic Instrument repels or pushes the Pre-Treat Gel onto the skin. The Pre-Treat Gel contains ingredients that soothe, calm, and purify the skin. The purifying ingredients bind with impurities in the skin causing them to have a negative charge.
During the second step, both the Treatment Gel and the Galvanic Instrument are positively charged. These positive charges repel each other, helping deliver the Treatment Gel onto the skin. The Treatment Gel contains ingredients, including the proprietary ageLOC blend, that help to slow free radical production in the epidermis, help skin recover from stress, and promote cellular energy. The positively charged
Galvanic Instrument also attracts the remaining negatively charged impurities from the Pre-Treat cycle, drawing them out of the skin to give you a fresher, more vibrant look. The charges interact in a similar way with the active ingredients in all Galvanic Spa compatible products.
What is the difference between the Galvanic Spa Pre-Treat Facial Gel and the Treatment Facial Gel?
The Pre-Treat and Treatment Facial Gels are specially formulated with several skin beneficial ingredients to help concentrate cellular energy, support stress recovery and rejuvenate your skin. Pre-Treat Gel contains marigold extract, sea kelp and vanilla extract to soothe and condition the skin, along with TEA cocoyl glutamate which purifies the skin. These key ingredients help to remove impurities so your pores can breathe better. The Treatment Gel, with ageLOC ingredients, helps slow free radical production in the epidermis at the source, slowing the visible signs of aging. The Treatment Gel also contains arginine, an amino acid that helps skin recover from stress, and magnesium to promote cellular energy. These key ingredients help to revive and invigorate your skin. Both products work synergistically with the Galvanic Spa instrument and the Face Conductor.
What is the usage order for someone using the Galvanic Spa, Nu Skin 180 System and treatment products?
- Step 1: Cleanse
- Step 2: Tone
- Step 3: Galvanic Treatment with Pre-Treat and Treatment Facial Gels
- Step 4: Tone (If using Priming Solution, use before 180 Skin Mist)
- Step 5: Treatment- (Tru Face Line Corrector with Spot Treatment Conductor, Cell Renewal Fluid, Tru Face Ideal Eyes, any other Treatments…then final Treatment product- Tru Face Essence Ultra)
- Step 6: Hydrate and Protect- AM- Moisturizer with Sunscreen, PM- Moisturizer
Can I use half a vial of Galvanic Pre-Treat or Treatment Facial Gel for half face demonstrations and save the rest for another day?
The Galvanic Pre-Treat and Treatment Facial Gels were specifically packaged to provide an efficacious amount for one galvanic session. We do not recommend saving any unused portions of Galvanic Gels for use at a later time. Storing open vials of gels allows the possibility for problems regarding product safety and efficacy. Additionally, the active ingredient in the Gels may become neutralized or oxidized in an open the Gels less effective for their intended Galvanic treatments.
When performing a half-face demonstration you can use half a vial (of Pre-Treat or Treatment Gel), however, the remaining half should be used immediately after or should be discarded. If the person demonstrating has dry skin they may need to use the entire vial for best results.
If the Pre-Treat or Treatment Gel starts to soak into the skin and the Galvanic instrument begins to tug on the skin, you should use the other half of the gel before spraying the skin with NaPCA Moisture Mist. If you have used all of the Pre-Treat or Treatment Gel, then mist the skin with NaPCA Moisture Mist.
How is the Galvanic Spa System different from competitors?
The Galvanic Spa has several differentiating features, including:
- a) Patented self-adjusting currents.
- b) Patented interchangeable heads.
- c) Flexible timing.
- d) User selectable polarity.
- e) An affordable alternate to spa treatments.
- f) Convenience—use at home.
- g) Enhanced delivery of key ingredients.
Can I use the Galvanic Spa with other Nu Skin products?
The Galvanic Spa can only be used with products that are formulated to carry a charge: Galvanic Spa Pre-Treat and Treatment Facial Gels with ageLOC, Tru Face Line Corrector, Galvanic Spa Body Shaping Gel, and Nutriol Hair Fitness Treatment. These products have been specifically formulated for use with the Nu Skin Galvanic Spa. Additionally, Nu Skin has a patent pending discovery based on carefully controlled research revealing that Galvanic treatments may enhance the delivery of certain active ingredients for up to 24 hours after the treatment including active ingredients contained in subsequently applied advanced anti-aging products.
Do all Nu Skin products have a charge?
Not all products developed by Nu Skin have a charge. Only those products recommended for the Galvanic Spa have specially formulated charged ingredients. These products include the Galvanic Spa Pre-Treat and Treatment Facial Gels with ageLOC, Tru Face Line Corrector, Galvanic Spa Body Shaping Gel, and Nutriol Hair Fitness Treatment.
What metal is used in the Nu Skin Galvanic Spa?
The conductors are made of chrome and copper. The materials for the conductor are ABS with electroplated chrome. (ABS stands for Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene).
Why is there a warning saying, “Check with your physician before using the Galvanic Spa System II if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker, are epileptic, wear metal braces on your teeth, or have a metal implant”?
While the Galvanic Spa System is very safe and gentle, clinical studies have not been performed to prove safety of use for the individuals with the conditions mentioned. Nu Skin also provides this warning to be in compliance with regulations for electronic devices.
What are the benefits of the Galvanic Spa System?
The Galvanic Spa System provides key features and benefits for a spa-like treatment in the comfort of your own home. These benefits and features are listed below:
– A Nu Skin Galvanic Spa System allows you to get spa-like treatments in the comfort of your own home-no appointment necessary.- A Galvanic Spa treatment can enhance the delivery of certain key ingredients for up to 24 hours.
– The Galvanic Spa System works with formulated products to facilitate the transport of key ingredients for optimal performance.
– The Galvanic Spa System features a proprietary patented instrument with four interchangeable conductors:
- Face Conductor – this flat conductor head provides better contact with the skin, while adding the flexibility of being removable for other conductor use and treatments.
- Spot Treatment Conductor – this conductor head utilizes a flat, smooth, oval shaped treatment node that centralizes surface contact area. This node provides better contact with the skin in any angular and hard to reach areas of the face. It also helps deliver a more concentrated treatment.
- Body Conductor – three rounded nodes maximize the surface area contact for wider coverage and better massaging action.
- Scalp Conductor – this comb-like conductor is easy to pull through your hair, maintaining crucial contact between the conductor and your scalp.
– Replaceable batteries – eliminate cords, adapters, and dependence on electrical outlets.
– User-selectable polarity – increases the number of products for use with the Galvanic Spa System.
– Flexible program timing – accommodates a wide range of applications: face, spot, body, and scalp treatments.
– User-friendly handheld contact points – hand is in a natural, comfortable position.
– Automatically adjusts to your skin – delivers the correct amount of current for the most effective treatment.
How do I change the Conductor attachments?
To release a conductor: With your free hand on the conductor being released, hold the instrument with the chrome activation panel facing you and press on the gray release button firmly with your thumb until the conductor is released, then remove from the instrument.
To attach a conductor: Hold the instrument with the display side up and hold the conductor with the positioning indicator (small etch) facing you. Press firmly to snap the conductor into place. If your conductor fails to attach, make certain the conductor is positioned correctly. Forcing the conductor could damage both the instrument and the conductor. The instrument will not work unless the conductor is attached correctly.
What are the differences between all four Galvanic Spa treatments?
Galvanic Spa Facial Gels work with the Facial Conductor and Instrument to draw out skin-dulling debris and allow pores to breathe better. They also deliver beneficial nutrients that soothe and calm the skin, provide cellular energy and facilitate recovery from stress, as well as include the proprietary ageLOC ingredients which help to target signs of aging at their source, in the epidermis, helping you appear visibly younger and feel vibrant and revitalized.
Tru Face Line Corrector works with the Spot Treatment Conductor helping to more effectively absorb and enhance the delivery of pro-collagen peptides that send age reversing signals to collagen producing cells.
Body Shaping Gel works with the Body Conductor by targeting pockets of fat and toxins; minimizing and smoothing the appearance of cellulite for a firmer, more toned body.
Nutriol Hair Fitness Treatment works with the Scalp Conductor to facilitate the transport of key ingredients into the scalp, promoting healthy and more abundant looking hair.
How soon can I expect to see a difference in my skin using the Galvanic Spa System?
Most individuals can see and feel a difference immediately after using the Galvanic Spa with the Facial Gels. Based on our clinical studies, participants were able to see results with the Galvanic Spa used with Tru Face Line Corrector and Body Shaping Gel within two and four weeks respectively. Many people notice that their hair looks more shiny and healthy within one week of using Nutriol Hair Fitness and Galvanic Spa. Results with each of the Galvanic Spa products become more visible as you continue to use the Galvanic Spa as directed.
While using the Galvanic Spa System, can I also use other Nu Skin products?
Yes, the Galvanic Spa System is designed for use in addition to your usual skin care regimen. Simply use any Nu Skin cleanser and toner before the Galvanic Spa treatment and then proceed with your usual Nu
Skin, skin care regimen.
How often should I do Galvanic Spa facial treatments?
The Galvanic Spa Pre-Treat and Treatment Facial Gels are recommended to be used two to three times per week. It is important to use the entire contents of each vial for each Galvanic Spa Treatment Session.
When using the Galvanic Spa System what is the best technique?
There is no best technique – however Nu Skin has outlined recommended techniques (see the DVD and Galvanic Brochure for recommended usage techniques). Generally speaking, you will want to use slow upward, outward movements along the muscle contour of your face and let the Galvanic current do the work. You will want to apply very light pressure, never enough to tug or pull at the skin.
I don’t feel anything when I use the Galvanic Spa. Am I doing something wrong?
During the Galvanic Treatment, most people will not feel anything. The specially formulated Gels help conduct the Galvanic current and ensure that it goes onto the skin without any discomfort. The Galvanic instrument will beep every 20 seconds and you will see 3 arrows on the LCD screen indicating that it is working. Although you may not feel it, the Instrument is working to deliver beneficial ingredients along with Galvanic current to revive, rejuvenate and enhance the beauty of your skin.
What’s the difference between the one, two or three beeps as the Instrument automatically adjusts to your skin?
When the Galvanic Instrument is touched to your skin it sends a controlled level of current out, and times how long it takes for the current to return to the instrument. People with highly conductive skin (usually high skin moisture and electrolyte content) will get a level three setting (3 beeps). Their skin can tolerate higher levels of Galvanic current. People with less conductive skin will get a level two, or level one setting depending on how conductive their skin is. The Galvanic Spa measures skin conductivity, which is affected by moisture content and electrolyte balance.
Trouble shooting tips if you think your Galvanic Spa is not working properly:
- Are fresh batteries sitting in the Spa unit properly?
- Is all plastic film removed from the chrome on the spa? The Galvanic Instruments are shipped with a protective plastic coating that must be peeled from the chrome section and LCD screen on the Galvanic Instrument. Make sure it is removed for the unit to work properly.
- Has the gray selection button below the LCD panel been pressed? After pressing the soft touch gray button, a single fountain should appear on the LCD panel (Pre-Treat Facial Gel setting). After a one second pause, the number one will appear below the fountain. As soon as the number one appears quickly press the button again to toggle over to the desired time setting of one, two, three or five minutes. After the time has been selected the Spa unit is ready to analyze the skin for treatment with the Pre-Treat Facial Gel. When the Pre-Treat is finished two beeps will be heard and a check mark will be visible on the LCD panel. When ready, press the soft touch gray button again and two fountains will appear (Treatment Facial Gel, and Tru Face Line Corrector setting.) After the time has been selected, as instructed above, the Spa unit is ready to analyze the skin for treatment with the Treatment Facial Gel or Tru Face Line Corrector.
- Is the Spa unit being held correctly? Galvanic is a current, so it is necessary to hold the chrome section with slightly damp hands while pressing the instrument to the skin. This completes the circuit and allows the current to flow.
- Is the Spa unit being held with slightly damp hands? Some individuals try to use the Galvanic System with very dry hands, and have difficulty getting it to analyze their skin. Dry hands do not properly conduct the galvanic current, which can prevent the instrument from analyzing. Simply moistening the hand that holds the chrome base of the Galvanic Instrument will allow the unit to work properly.
- Is the Spa unit being held in place for a moment to allow it to analyze the skin? After pressing the button once, and seeing the single fountain and pressing it again as many times as needed to select the desired time on the LCD panel, hold the chrome base with a slightly damp hand and press the instrument to the skin. Allow it to analyze. You will know that it has analyzed the skin when one, two, or three beeps are heard.
- Do you think it is not working because you do not feel anything? During the Galvanic Treatment, most people will not feel anything. The specially formulated gels help conduct the galvanic current and ensure that it goes in to the skin without any discomfort. Although you may not feel it, the instrument is working to deliver beneficial ingredients along with galvanic current to revive, rejuvenate and enhance the beauty of your skin.What are the levels of the charges used corresponding to one, two, or three beeps? The conductivity of our skin can change from hour to hour so it is not abnormal to have a different number of beeps from 1-3 at the start of a Galvanic Spa treatment. The beeps correspond to electrical amounts of 0.125 mA (millampere), 0.250 mA, and 0.350mA. This is a very low amount of current, but shown to be very effective and safe for all users no matter the state of their skin’s conductivity at the moment of the Galvanic Spa treatment.
What does Dermatic Effects do?
Dermatic Effects Body Contouring Lotion contains ingredients that help stimulate thebreakdown of fat and that help keep your body from producing fat. We recommendusing this product after doing a Galvanic Body Shaping Gel Treatment and on a dailybasis to maintain and enhance the benefits of your treatment.
Is it safe to use Galvanic if I have received Botox injections, collagen injections, silicon injections, or other similar treatments?
Nu Skin has not studied the effects of the Galvanic Spa with Botox injections, collagen injections, silicon injections, etc.. These are all medical procedures and therefore falloutside of the cosmetic realm in which we conduct our business. If you have anyquestions regarding these, you should consult a physician.
Our policy is not to recommend any Galvanic Treatments on individuals who have previously received injections for up to two weeks, to ensure there is no perceived negative interaction between the two.
Does a Galvanic treatment help heal or reduce bruising?
No. A bruise manifests itself when capillaries are damaged and allow blood to seep intothe surrounding tissue. It is not recommended to use the Galvanic Spa over brokencapillaries. For this reason we would not recommend using the Galvanic Spa on abruise. There is no positive effects of the Galvanic Spa on bruises
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-29981335-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);